Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Nothing I 't thing but my dog came inside from outside and

Customer Question

Nothing I don't thing but my dog came inside from outside and got stuck with my little dog does this mean she is pregnant
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. If your female dog was in heat then yes there is a fair chance that this will result in a pregnancy.

2. However all is not lost because there are misalliance injections which can be given if this has just happened, these will act like a " morning after pill " The best plan would be to give your vet a call at the first opportunity and check how he or she handles this situation and make the necessary appointment.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the accidental mating ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dog is fine I don't know if she is pregnant but she never bleeds when she is in heat is that normal

Hello again,

Glad to talk this over with you further,

Not bleeding when in season is unusual in female dogs, but it does happen now and again and this termed a silent season.

In your case it may be best to have the misalliance shot from your vet just in case ...

Regards,

Dr Scott