PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My 20 lb Cavalier may have possibly eaten one tap of

Customer Question

my 20 lb Cavalier may have possibly eaten one tap of glimepride 1 mg approximatly 30 minutes ago. He is not showing any problems at the present
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey is 3 years old and in great health. I do not know for a fact that he ingested it. My concern is that I had spilled some a few days ago in the bathroom and while I have searched the floor several times and felt all were accounted for, he picked something up off the floor and ate it. It could have just been a small piece of paper or a piece of dust.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?
Customer: No he is in perfect health and is currently acting normal
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence.

The literature that I can find on this medication recommends inducing vomiting. This can be done with a brand new bottle of hydrogen peroxide (fresh is best). Here are the instructions: http://www.sunrisepetclinicaz.com/vomiting.html

If you don't see the medication, chances are that he did not consume it. However, if you see any odd behavior in the near future such as walking in a drunken manner, twitchy movements, inability to stand on his own, etc. you'll need to take him to your vet right away for treatment.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.

JaCustomer, I see that a response has come through a second time. To keep you from being charged again, I have contacted customer service to have the second thread removed.

I am happy to answer more questions for you, if you have them. Please respond here and I'll be happy to assist.