Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He seems to be breathing though s nose with short bursts,

Customer Question

He seems to be breathing though his nose with short bursts, almost like hiccups.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Moe Joe, he will be 9 in July
JA: How old is Moe Joe?
Customer: almost 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Moe Joe?
Customer: he is a Labrador mix. He is very active and was fine an hour ago, but he came to e and was laying down after playing with the other dog with weird breathing. He moves but wont leave my side.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Moe Joe. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question about Moe Joe hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. How is he acting now since some time has passed?

2. Can you view these videos and tell me if this is what he appears to be doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdnGNClqdX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UyBrb0Hhpk

3. Can you tell me the color of his gums?

Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb