Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a miniature pinscher that is shaking a lot. He does

Customer Question

I have a miniature pinscher that is shaking a lot. He does not appear to be fearful or under stress or in pain. He just comes to me, wants me to pick him up and he's shaking. He's been fed ans was shaking before and is now shaking just after finishing.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Max. 8 years.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Max. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Shaking can be a sign of pain, and often back or neck pain. Is he more reluctant to jump, or go up or down stairs, or jump onto furniture? Sometimes shaking and reluctance to jump up or go on stairs, and being clingy to his owner, can be the only signs of back or neck pain.

Is he eating and drinking normally?

If you check his gums, are they pink in color?

Can you take his temperature with a thermometer? A fever can also cause shaking.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Max doing? I hope you were able to see what I wrote.