Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My 11 lb mini Aussie just ate a 40 mg fluoxetine capsule. Is

Customer Question
this something I should take...
My 11 lb mini Aussie just ate a 40 mg fluoxetine capsule. Is this something I should take him to the ER vet for or should I wait and see?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dobby and he is 6.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dobby?
Customer: He is very healthy and active.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
3/8/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence.

Dobby has consumed about 4 times as much Prozac as he can tolerate. He needs to be made to vomit. If you have fresh peroxide on hand, you can use it to induce vomiting. If not, you need to go promptly to your veterinary ER facility to have them induce vomiting.

Here are directions to make him vomit with peroxide: http://www.sunrisepetclinicaz.com/vomiting.html

If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish answering your question before you rate my service.

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian