Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I found a chewed Neosporin tube in s bed.....there are

Customer Question
I found a chewed Neosporin...
I found a chewed Neosporin tube in his bed.....there are punctures in it but still well over 1/2 of med still in the tube
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sparky - he is a Maltipoo and is 1.5 years 13 pounds
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sparky?
Customer: no....he displayed no strange signs and actually ate dinner as normal...no vomit
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 1 year ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Good news, Sparky should be just fine, and there are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation. You see the active ingredients of Neosporin are non toxic to dogs as of course antibiotics are often given to dogs orally, and in any case there is only a very small concentration of such drugs in Neosporin, and only a small amount was consumed in your case.

2. It is just possible that you may perhaps see a mild transient bout of gastroenteritis but even this is unlikely, most dogs will not show any symptoms of any sort.

3. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Sparky's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Sparky is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Neosporin Incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Vet_Answers