Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog was vomiting dark black vomit. I called the vet

Customer Question
My dog was vomiting...

My dog was vomiting dark black vomit. I called the vet suggested no food for 12 hours and Pepcid ac. I did she drank water no vomit but still does not want to eat. What do you suggest?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did The eat anything unusual?

No. She has been like this for two days now. She vomited really big messes like 10 times yesterday. Now tie no food or water for 12 hours and the Pepcid ac she has not vomited but still does not want to eat the chicken and rice. I do not know what else to do and

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about The?

I need to know what else I need to attempt today. The vet is closed today.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. So she has not vomited at all today but is not eating. Is that correct? Is she drinking and keeping the water down?