Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a pregnant dog who I think is pretty far along in her…

Customer Question
I have a pregnant...

I have a pregnant foster dog who I think is pretty far along in her pregnancy. She has had chronic diarrhea since I got her and last night she threw up bile. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No, I've had her on chicken and rice for over a week because she came in with chronic diarrhea. She was on ID but even that wasn't helping with the diarrhea.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She had hip surgery well over a month ago. we think she was hit by a car but she has pretty well recovered from that.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
3/4/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple of questions to see if I can better assess your situation?

Is there any blood or mucus in the stool?

Was there a change in diet when you started fostering her?

Has she had a fecal exam recently?