Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Would like to discuss my Shelties elevated BUN and creatine

Customer Question

Hi Would like to discuss my Shelties elevated BUN and creatine found in CBC today
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure Dr. thanks for your quick response. She was a great eater...never finicky but stopped showing interest in food a few days ago, increased water intake....diagnosed a few years ago with atypical cushings but is doing well Todays CBC showed bun at 57.9 creatine at 2.7 and alk phos at 6.1
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is your Sheltie on any medications currently? Did your veterinarian discuss any treatment options with you for treating the elevated BUN and creatinine?