Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I am ***** *****, I have a female English Bulldog almost 11…

Customer Question
I am ***** *****...

I am ***** *****, I have a female English Bulldog almost 11 years old ( in a month ) she has sundowners and wont let my folks sleep at night, we have tried valerian, L-Theanine, and a few other things. We know she has dementia, we know she is old and its a matter of time, but she has bodily control, an excellent appetite, full mobility, and the vet says mostly good after all she is ancient. She stares at the wall sometimes.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Would like her to sleep at night and stop staring at the wall

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
3/3/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 2 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. Have you tried Melatonin?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott