Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He is normally really hyper and up beat but today he got up

Customer Question

He is normally really hyper and up beat but today he got up and is really tired. He is dry heaving over and over again. He won't eat, he won't even go near his bowl
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is 1 and his name is ***** ***** just adopted him from the shelter a week ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?
Customer: He tried to throw up but he can't, its just dry heaves
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hi JACustomer, thanks for your question. I'll be happy to help you. It looks like the professional you were hoping to speak with is currently unavailable, so I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so you can get a faster response.

Can you give me some additional info?

1) Are you seeing any coughing with the dry heaving?
2) How was Max feeling yesterday?
3) Any medications that Max is on?