Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Dog is normally really hyper and up beat but today he got up and is really tired. He is dry heaving over and over again.

Customer Question
He is normally really...

He is normally really hyper and up beat but today he got up and is really tired. He is dry heaving over and over again. He won't eat, he won't even go near his bowl

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

He is 1 and his name is ***** ***** just adopted him from the shelter a week ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

He tried to throw up but he can't, its just dry heaves

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hi JACustomer, thanks for your question. I'll be happy to help you. It looks like the professional you were hoping to speak with is currently unavailable, so I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so you can get a faster response.

Can you give me some additional info?

1) Are you seeing any coughing with the dry heaving?
2) How was Max feeling yesterday?
3) Any medications that Max is on?