Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a 8 year old Lab who has anxiety to riding in a car.

Customer Question
she was a rescue and...
I have a 8 year old Lab who has anxiety to riding in a car. she was a rescue and was moved several times. we are getting ready to take a trip which is a 7 hour ride are there any meds that can prescribed. my local vet didn't want to prescribe anything except Tramadol and benadryl
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
3/2/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. G., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem.

I will need a bit more information from you:

How long has this problem been going on?

Have you tried any medications for anxiety yet: trazodone, alprazolam, clomicalm, fluoxetine?

Tramadol and benadryl won't help with anxiety, they may make her drowsy, but won't do anything for the feeling of anxiety. Have you tried any supplements or calming pheromones or anything else yet?