Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog has a cherry eye what cani do, chole she is 4 months,

Customer Question
Hi my dog has...

Hi my dog has a cherry eye what cani do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Chole she is 4 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Chole

Veterinarian's Assistant: Huh?

What can i put on her

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2016
Dog Specialist: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 2 years ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.....

What breed of dog is Chloe?

Has she had it since birth?

english bulldog no she had it yesterday i took her out and when i notice she had that i think it cherry

So she hasn't had it before?

Is it still there?

Is it both eyes?

no it still there it only one eye

Great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

From your description and the fact it hasn't gone away, then it's very likely it could be Cherry Eye, or at the very least an inflammation of the membrane surrounding the eye. Unfortunately, I have seen a few cases where once they were surgically repaired, the membrane became dislodged and the dog needed another procedure to repair it.

If it is Cherry Eye, she'll most likely need to repair it as leaving it untreated can result in the protruding area rubbing on the surface of the eye and causing an ulcer.

Of course, the best plan is to have your own vet take a peek at it. If this is simply an inflammation of the membrane due to things like infection, then the vet will send out topical antibiotics to get it cleared up.

You can find more information on cherry eye here:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_cherry_eye.html

I hope this helps.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Lisa