Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a 7yr golden retriever and he has a growth hanging…

Customer Question
I have a 7yr...

I have a 7yr golden retriever and he has a growth hanging from his back leg, its like it is just hanging there by some little skin

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

The dog is not in any pain but i wrapped it so it wouldn't get caught on anything

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/29/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has the growth been present?

Does it appear to be getting bigger, stretching the skin covering it, or ulcerated?

Is it hard, soft, fluidy, or warm to the touch?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.