Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I'm ***** ***** And my dog Freddy has blood in s feces and…

Customer Question
I'm ***** ***** And...

I'm ***** ***** And my dog Freddy has blood in his feces and urine I'm wondering if I should take to the ER tonight or the vet tomorrow morning

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

He seems pretty normal otherwise, full of energy We were on a road trip today, he first started urinating blood when we stopped halfway for gas

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/29/2016
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 2 years ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Is the blood in the stool Frank blood red, is there any mucus in the stool with the blood?

How much blood did you see? Was the urine tinged or a lot of blood?

Can you check the gum color and tell me if the are pale or pink?

Joan

I didn't see any mucus. Both stool and urine seem to be mostly blood. His gums seem to be the usual pink color.

If the blood was very heavy, he should be seen tonight. If the urine was just tinged and a little mucus in the stool it would not be a major concern and could wait until tomorrow. With the heavy amount of blood you have seen this can be a clotting issue or he some how got into an anticoagulant, or toxin causing bleeding. I do suggest he be seen tonight by the Er to find out the reason behind the heave flow of blood.

Joan

Okay thank you

Do you have further concerns I can assist you with. Please let me know what the Vet says about Freddy. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to Rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

I wanted to check in on Freddy this morning to see what the Vet said about the situation. How is he doing?

Joan

How is Freddy doing. I have been very concerned about him since we spoke the other night. My concern was there was internal bleeding and I wanted him seen to be sure, he had the best care possible,

Joan

Hi Joan, I took him to the vet, and we're waiting on some test results to come back, but she didn't seem to think it was an emergency. Fingers crossed that it isn't something serious and long-term.

When a dog is bleeding from the Rectum and Urinary tract that sends up red fags. I tend to err on the side of caution, due to the issue that was presented. Please let me know the results when you get them. Playing all will come back okay. If I have addressed your concerns, please consider rateing my assistance a Positive Rating.

Joan