Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is scheduled mass removal on Wednesday morning.

Customer Question
My dog is scheduled...

My dog is scheduled for surgery for a mass removal on Wednesday morning. Friday evening he bit thru the mass and it started bleeding. I took him gto the vet and they wrap the lower half of his body where the mass is located (next to his penis) with gauze and wrap tightly so the bleeding stopped. Her has not had a bowel movement and I am not sure if they wrapped hi too tight even though they said he would be all right. I went to Blue Cross Animal Hospital in Montclair, Ca.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/28/2016
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear about your dog and the problems with this mass. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is he eating, and drinking since being wrapped? Can he urinate?

If he is eating, and urinating normally, he should be OK. If you are worried, I would have the wrap checked tomorrow and replaced, since the surgery is not until Wednesday.

Let me know if this helps, and what other questions you have. Rebecca

he is doing all of that except he is not urinating as much and he has not had a bowel movement since he was wrapped yesterday.

If he is not urinating as much, and not defecating, the wrap may need to be redone. No bowel movement in a day is not too worrying but if he is eating he should have one by tomorrow. I would have your vet check the wrap tomorrow since I assume he is not available today.

How is your dog today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian