Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Dog is drooling and sleepy, I think he ate something on our

Customer Question

Dog is drooling and sleepy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think he ate something on our walk this morning, not sure if I just smelled the air but I thought I smelled a joint
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. How long has he been like this?

My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

If he ate a joint, he would be sleepy and could be drooling. There is no antidote; you just have to wait for it to wear off which can take a few hours to a day.

If you look at his gums, are they pink in color? If his gums are pale he may need medical attention. If they are pink that is a good sign he is stable.

Will he take any food or water?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Can I answer anything else? How is he doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your dog today?