Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
It would be ideal to make your dog vomit to be sure that the risk is as low as possible. The toxic level for your companion is around 5 cigarettes.Here are the instructions on how to make her vomit: http://www.sunrisepetclinicaz.com/vomiting.htmlThere's more info on nicotine toxicity here: http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/first-aid-for-dogs/toxins-poisons/nicotine-toxicity-in-dogsAfter making her vomit, it would be ideal to take her to an ER clinic this evening if your vet's office is not open, and allowing them to monitor her over the course of the evening to ensure no symptoms develop. We worry about vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, seizures, muscle fasciculations, etc.If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated for their time with each customer. If questions remain, please reply and I will help you further.
Without inducing vomiting, it very well could be. Boxers, like many other flat-faced breeds, can have difficulty with breathing but in general have no issue with vomiting. You may well have to choose one or the other. If she were my pet, I would go ahead and make her vomit and monitor for changes. There are risks both directions, but it seems to me the one that's the least risky is making her vomit. Based on what we know, she's eaten nearly double the number of cigarettes needed for a toxic dose.
You have about 2 hours after a dog eats something for it to leave their stomach. However, it can take many hours before a dog start showing symptoms of a toxicity. They have to absorb some of the toxins before you'll see signs. I wouldn't risk it in this case. If symptoms start and you're unable to take him to the vet, therein the trouble lies. Vomiting should produce the cigarettes and minimize the risk, but not eliminate it, of a nicotine toxicity.
Checking in to see how your companion is feeling. I hope all is well.