Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog has a crusty area on the outside of s ear. When I ick…

Customer Question
Hi, my dog has...

Hi, my dog has a crusty area on the outside of his ear. When I ick at it the fur comes with it. He is not itching, it does not have fluid. Just dry and crusty and it comes and goes. HELP

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Are you ready to speak with the Veterinarian now?

He is generally an inside dog but has been playing in a dog park with other dogs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Amigo and maybe 2 years. He is a rescue.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/25/2016
Dog Specialist: petdrz., Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Is the lesion on the tip of his ear?

When you pick it off, does the skin look inflammed or irritated?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.