Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a Chihuahua, she's a spade 12 year old. We noticed

Customer Question

Hi I have a Chihuahua, she's a spade 12 year old. We noticed that she pees frequently, and has accidents in the house. We noticed blood in her urine today, and also some pinkish spots on a puppy pad. She's hiding under the bed more now than before, but her tail is still wagging, and she's eating well. I did read about possible UTI or worse...please advise...Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dempsey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dempsey?
Customer: She has a heart murmur, and is overweight. She was at the vet about a month ago and her heart was strong but enlarged...also possible early liver problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a couple questions about Dempsey just to ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Is she currently on any medications?

Did they do blood work at the vet?

Is she drinking more than normal?