Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Dog has to pee a lot. I just left for 2 hours and she peed her crate. The same thing happened yesterday. and she is

Customer Question
She has to pee...

She has to pee a lot. I just left for 2 hours and she peed her crate. The same thing happened yesterday.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Penelope and she is approximately 4 (a rescue)

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Penelope?

She is a very anxious dog. My schedule has been changing over the past month so I don't know if it is just anxiety based or medical

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/19/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple of questions to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is she urinating larger or smaller amounts?

Have you noticed her trying to urinate multiple time with very little to no urine coming out?

Any blood in the urine?

Is she urinating anywhere else in the house?

Any increase in her water consumption?

Any vomiting or lack of appetite?

I think she is urinating in small amounts. She always pees when she needs to, that doesn't seem like a problem. No blood in the urine. She has not peed anywhere else in the house. She has not increased water quantity. She still has a healthy appetite but she has had vomit issues before when she drinks a lot of water quickly. This vomit issue has been consistent since we got her 3 months ago.

Thanks for the information. My suspicion is that she has a urinary tract infection. I cannot rule out some other issue with the kidneys or some other problem, such as diabetes. Usually, though, if the urine is in small amounts, it is a bladder infection. I would have your vet run a urinalysis on her to check for that. If deemed necessary based on the results, they may want to run some bloodwork. If it is an infection, she will need some antibiotics. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John