Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My Name is ***** *****
, I have a Yorkie Terrier that…

Customer Question
Hi There My Name...

Hi There My Name is ***** *****

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a Yorkie Terrier that has Kennel Cough and he is on Clavamox 62.5mg. and he act's like he can't breath. Is there anything else I can give him?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
That's my question about my dog Squirt. We brought him home on 12 of February from Willamette Animal Chambers Creek in Salem,Oregon.
I took Squirt to our Vet. in Albany,Oregon on Tuesday the 16 of February and they put him on Clavamox than.
2/18/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Can you clarify what "can't breath(e)" implies for me? Kennel cough sufferers can cough to the point of a terminal retch but rarely have trouble catching their breath. I also need you to assess his respiratory rate at rest for me. He should be taking less than 40 breaths/minute. Please tell me how old he is and is Willamette Animal Chambers Creek a shelter for dogs?