Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

4 year old Borzoi just given 2000 mg cephalexin per day days

Customer Question

Hi 4 year old Borzoi just given 2000 mg cephalexin per day for 5 days could this cause swollen lymphnodes?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Nicky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nicky?
Customer: No he sees Dr regularly normal very good health.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. Why was the Cephalexin prescribed? When did you first notice the lymph nodes swelling. Do you know which lymph nodes are swollen (location)? Is she otherwise acting normal?