Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My Taco has a swelling on s right side I live on a fixed…

Customer Question
My Taco Bell has a...
My Taco Bell has a swelling on his right side I live on a fixed income d I'm afraid to take hint the vet. He in 14.5 years old and has always been in good health. He is acting normal, active, eating, playing. And I Ted to over react hen I find something.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
The lump is not red, or have a discharge, it is just a small swelling by the back of his right leg. He does not have any pain that I can see, I notice everything on my baby. He is acting normal eating and drinking, he is peeing good and pooing when I take him out.
2/16/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has the lump been present?

Is it on the flank near the back leg or on the back of his leg?

Is it hard, firm, fluidy or warm to the touch?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

The lump appeared last Friday February 11, it is on the left side on in front of the back leg, not on the leg, about the size of a small cup rim the skin is normal. Touching it it is normal like a swelling from water weight on me. Not hard or red, soft to the touch. It has gone down as of today and is almost gone now. I walk him three times a day he jumps down from the bed and is eager to go on his walks.
I just worry because the first thing everyone said was that it was cancer. I do not trust vets very much because I had another dog my Honey Bear he got sick and I took him to the vet and they told me he had parvo and the vet all but threw us out of the office. I gave him IVs and medicine for two days and he died in my arms, so I have a problem trusting vet. He is still loved and thought off every day, I just can't forget how the vet treated him.