Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog has just suddenly started excessively drooling. She…

Customer Question
My dog has just...

My dog has just suddenly started excessively drooling. She is alert, heart beat is regular. no vomiting

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Not that we saw but there are weeds in the yard? I have no idea what kind.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Coco 4years 5lbs 4oz

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Coco?

4 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?

She is being very quiet but not sleepy

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/12/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

What was she doing before this started?

When was the last time she ate?

Any vomiting?

Are you able to take a look into her mouth? If so, is there any redness, irritation, sores, swellings or foreign bodies noted?

She was resting.
She ate at 5pm
novomiting
she does notwant me to look in her mouth

Thanks for the information. Is it normal for her to not want you to look into her mouth?

Thanks but my vet just said to take her to ER care thanks

You are very welcome. I would agree if her reluctance to open the mouth is something new. It could be something she ingested, including a toxin, a sore or a foreign body. Let me know if you have further concerns.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John