Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I would like to induce heat of a mid age female in order to…

Customer Question
I would like to induce...
I would like to induce heat of a mid age female in order to breed with a stud dog who will be in my area within a month. Is this product inducing a heat when I as the registered breeder plan to breed occasionally. Thank's in advance for your kind assistance
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/1p2s9-dog-breeder-told-vet-used-give-older-females.html#ixzz3zCjgfTDX
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/4/2016
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for your question. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Deslorelin implants are the first choice by reproduction experts to bring a female dog into heat. The other drub being used is cabergoline once daily. Neither of these may work as soon as a month, and even when she goes into heat it will at least 11 days into her heat until she is ready to breed.

Let me know what else I can help with or answer or research for you.

Was this information helpful? Can I answer anything else?

Hi Ivo,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Alma. How is everything going?