Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

All I have is Tylenol and ibuprofen can you tell me how much…

Customer Question
All I have is Tylenol...
All I have is Tylenol and ibuprofen can you tell me how much I can safely give my Boston terrier
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
2/4/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good evening, Brandi.

I'm glad that you chose to reach out to someone before giving either medication, because both of these are *TOXIC* to dogs and can cause not only organ damage but also death.

Tylenol toxicity info: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/acetaminophen/
Ibuprofen toxicity info: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/ibuprofen/

In most cases of ear issues, adult dogs do not have ear mites but, instead, have an ear infection. I'm sure that Fat Head is uncomfortable, but it would be safer to avoid using anything at all than to use either of these medications.

Your vet will likely want to perform an ear swab to see what might be within the ear. Usually, we see bacteria and yeast. An ear medication tailored specifically to your pet's needs will be prescribed based on what is seen on the swab. If needed, they can then prescribed a dog-safe NSAID like Rimadyl, Deramaxx, Metacam, etc.

I'm sorry that I cannot advise you on what to give this evening, but in the long run it will be safer for Fat Head to avoid using these medications because of their high level of toxicity.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated for their time with each customer. If questions remain, please reply and I will help further.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Fat Head. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy