Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Myasthenia gravies - my 3 year old westie is in remission…

Customer Question
Myasthenia gravies - my 3...
Myasthenia gravies - my 3 year old westie is in remission and has not taken mestinin in two years - but I would like to give her supplements because I don't feel like she is absorbing enough nutrients- her hair and skin don't look as good as her sister westie.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/31/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

If Snowy White's coat/skin are looking lackluster compared to her sister, then we could to consider supplementing her with essential fatty acids (EFA). EFA’s are the fats that are part of skin cells composition and play a role in their health and coat growth. They are often used therapeutically in the management of a number of skin disorders and can help replenish skin and coat health. To supplement her, you could give Omega 3+6 fish oil daily (20mg per pound of her weight). Do avoid cod liver oil as it is a bit rich in Vitamin A+D. Or there are a range of over the counter EFA supplements for dogs like Viacutin or Yumega that could also be of benefit for her.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Is it ok that she has MG

Yes, its fine to use those with her MG.

Take care,

Dr. B.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Snowy White. How is everything going?
nekovet