Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My name is ***** *****. Our 75 lb mostly lab/pit mix has…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. Our 75 lb mostly lab/pit mix has scabs around the edges of both ears;. They don't seem to bother him - no scratching. He lives outside in a double pen that is floored with plywood and mostly covered with a carport roof. Mostly enclosed and he has an igloo house with cedar shavings. We have had some cold weather here in middle Tennessee but he wears a double coat in cold weather and never appears to be cold at all.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Only details are the scabs around the edges of both ears. Nowhere else on his body. They don't seem to bother him at all. He can't have been biting them as he can't reach them.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/28/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good evening, thanks for your question. I need some additional info:

1) Is this dog living alone exclusively?
2) Does the dog travel anywhere with other pets?
3) Any scheduled playdates with other pets?
4) How cold does it get during the coldest part of the night, an average is fine.
5) Are there any sources of heat for him in the kennel, overhead or underfoot?