Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My 12 yr. old mix breed female doggie has large indentation…

Customer Question
My 12 yr. old...

My 12 yr. old mix breed female doggie has large indentation on LH side of face. Also shaking her head a lot. Told it could be tumor on nerve.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She's eating just fine. Seems happy. Everything else normal.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/27/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This certainly could be a tumor or a traumatic injury that has damaged this nerve causing atrophy of the muscles. Considering your gal's age and the fact that she is happy and not bothered by this, you probably should do nothing. The head shaking could be related to the neurologic deficit but have your vet check her ears to be sure. Often, they can have damage to a nerve in this area that you were not aware of and there is nothing that can be done for this. Just keep her happy.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****