Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My shorkie is not acting herself. Her head keeps wobbling…

Customer Question
My shorkie is not acting...
My shorkie is not acting herself. Her head keeps wobbling from side to side. When she tries to walk, it's like she's drunk or something. Can you help me? It's only been about an hour since it's started. My girlfriend and I just came from the Vet ER but they just have her charcoal. She's also not opening her mouth or licking. She usually licks a lot but she's not even sticking her tongue out
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/27/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hi Ray, I'm so sorry to hear that your girl isn't well. Let me have some additional information on her and I'll see if I can't help you guys unravel what's going on and what needs to happen.

1) How old is she?
2) List any and all medications that you and your GF regularly take that she might have access to.
3) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
4) Any human food consumption?
5) Do you have a video of the episodes you're seeing? You can upload to photo bucket or youtube and share the link back so that I may see, as well.
6) Did the ER vet run any lab work?
7) When was the last time that she ate?