Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My French bulldog/Boston terrier chewed open a roll of

Customer Question
Hi my French bulldog/Boston terrier...
Hi my French bulldog/Boston terrier chewed open a roll of dental floss and ate the roll inside. She's 12kg. Should we take her to emerg vet to induce vomitting or wait for it to pass.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/24/2016
Dog Specialist: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 2 years ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.

I would absolutely suggest you have her seen by an emergency vet.

The thing we worry about with this kind of ingestion is that the dental floss can get caught in the intestines and cause an obstruction and can also saw through the intestines.

Having her seen at an emergency vet as soon as possible will ensure that the floss is removed safely and before it can do any damage.

I hope this helps.

Hi Angie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Gigi. How is everything going?
Lisa