PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My little dog keeps stealing cig butts out of the ashtray

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, Tina. What can we help you with? Are you needing suggestions for keeping your companion out of the ashtrays?

There's more info here on nicotine toxicity, if that's what you're concerned about. Assuming your companion is around 10#, he'd need to eat 2-4 whole cigarettes for there to be a toxic level of nicotine present in his body. You may well still see vomiting and diarrhea, however.

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/first-aid-for-dogs/toxins-poisons/nicotine-toxicity-in-dogs

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to issues positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated. If questions remain, please reply and I will help you further.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Baby. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy