Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

One of my working dogs is having trouble opening her eyes…

Customer Question
One of my working dogs...
One of my working dogs is having trouble opening her eyes this mormning. Ive bathed them with saline solution one is much better the other is part covered with the inner lid
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/24/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Was there any discharge? What color?

Was it pre-made saline or did you make it with water/salt?

Any clouding or haze to the clear corneal cover of the eye?

Any redness, rubbing, squinting, or signs of discomfort?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.