Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is shaking. Vomited foam once. I took to the vet this…

Customer Question
My dog is shaking. Vomited...
My dog is shaking. Vomited white foam once. I took to the vet this am. He checked her, everything looked and sounded normal. He gave her baytryl . I got half the pill down her and she want let me get the rest down. What else do i need to do for her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/23/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good morning, Terri. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with Nellie.

What method are you using to give the pill to her? Are you pilling her by just placing the tablet into the back of her mouth or are you wrapping it in a yummy treat she might like to eat?

I first tried by placing it in the back of her mouth. It was a half pill so I broke it in half again, got that down, she then started growling and biting me and my husband, I tried putting the rest in cheese but she want eat it

Are there any human foods she particularly likes?

Terri, I am not able to offer a phone call at this time. I am happy to continue conversing with you here or another expert can step in and call.

I'm going to go ahead and opt out. Another expert should be by shortly and can hopefully call you and help you further.

Dog Specialist: Barbara Fehr,
 replied 2 years ago
Barbara Fehr
Phone call session started