Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dogs eye is stuck together...what can I use to moisten…

Customer Question
my dogs eye is stuck...
my dogs eye is stuck together...what can I use to moisten and remove discharge
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/23/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good morning, thanks for your question.

If the eye is stuck together with discharge, you can place a warm, wet cloth over the eye and allow the discharge to moisten. Do not use hydrogen peroxide, this can cause corneal damage in the eye. Once the eye is open, you may well need to pursue veterinary care for a potential infection. You can clean discharge from the eye as often as needed with warm water, but do not press or pull on the eyelid to open it. Allow the water to loosen the discharge before gently wiping it away.

If my answer has satisfied your question, please take the time to leave positive feedback for me. This is how experts are compensated for their time with each customer. If questions remain, please reply and I will help you further.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jazzi Pooh. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy