Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

A lady was moving out of town and puts an ad on Craigslist…

Customer Question
Hi My name is*****...

Hi My name is***** lady was moving out of town and puts an ad on Craigslist for two free doxies. Since my 14 1/2 yr. old doxie had passed away a month ago, I was thrilled. They are adorable but the little guy who is only about 9 lbs. has been holding up his right back leg a lot. He doesn't like me to touch it and I thought maybe he had hurt his paw or got a little sidewalk salt in it. He doesn't seem to complain. I don't know his exact age but she said she thought he was about 8. He is in great shape otherwise. Also they don't seem to be very well potty trained but are well trained in all other areas. Any thoughts?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Other than holding up his foot he seems fine. I didn't see him hurt it at all but I assumed maybe he jumped on it wrong or something. He doesn't seem to be in any pain. I worked for a vet for a few years and thought it would go away. Now I am starting t think maybe he has an issue.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/22/2016
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 2 years ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I need to ask a couple of questions.

Did the dog come to you with the limp?

Does the dog have any problems walking up and down stairs?

Dows the dog have a problem getting on furniture?

Does it seem to affect only the one leg?

Joan

Dog Specialist: ronald-cssm,
 replied 2 years ago
ronald-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/9ic9z-customer-name-is-lady-moving.html).
Thank you, ***** Support Team.