Dog

Connect one-on-one with a verified dog specialist who will answer your question

Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Dog Veterinarian

More related answers
All dog specialists are VERIFIED
My 45 dog scratched me from happiness of seeing me so deeply
DakotaSouthFive
DakotaSouthFive, Independent Contractor
My 45 dog scratched me from happiness of seeing me so deeply that now I am in urgent care treating my infected wound. How do I cut his nails without encountering resistance that makes that very diffic… read more
My dog is about a 4 year old mastiff/boxer mix and weighs
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
My dog is about a 4 year old mastiff/boxer mix and weighs about 130 lbs give or take. Just this week she hasnt been wanting to put any weight on her back right leg. Ive examines her entire leg and foo… read more
Nail beds on multiple toes of my dog appear to be inflamed and have what appears to be dri
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Dog Veterinarian
Nail beds on multiple toes of my dog appear to be inflamed and have what appears to be dried blood. No odor, no pain, no change in activities, no lickinbg.… read more
My dogs toe nail bed is red, inflamed and swollen around one
Dr. Dan M.
Dr. Dan M., Veterinary Surgeon
My dogs toe nail bed is red, inflamed and swollen around one nail and he is licking it a lot. Does he need to go to the vets asap? What could it be? Any home remedies I should begin with? Thanks!… read more
Boxer: my Vet suggested he have his entire nails cut..licking..Dane
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Veterinary Technician
My 6 year Boxer had over-grown toe nails. He tore one on the fence. 2 weeks later my Vet suggested he have his entire nails cut back under aneasthetic. He was prescribed antibiotics for one week 7/8 w… read more
My 21 month old golden..bothering..His walking is ok.
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
My 21 month old golden's left paw seems to be bothering him as when I went to trim the hair around his toes, he pulls his paw back very quickly as if just feeling around the area is discomforting. Thi… read more
Hello, The tissue surrounding one of my dogs nails has lost
Terri
Terri, Healthcare/behavior specialist
Hello, The tissue surrounding one of my dogs nails has lost its hair and looks slightly inflamed. Other than some swelling and pinkness there is no sign of infection, and he is walking/eating/playing … read more
The blood is in her nail not around it, she chews at it occasionally,
NancyH
NancyH, Pet/Animal Care Expert
The "blood" is in her nail not around it, she chews at it occasionally, it is not a constant nag for her. I want to figure out if she needs medical attention or if I can just take care of this by doin… read more
Dog: has been licking his du claw like mad..flesh..inflamed
Dr. Scarlett
Dr. Scarlett, Veterinarian
My Dog has been licking his du claw like mad. upon inspection it seems the flesh has worked its way out of the nail bed. it seems inflamed, or as if there is another nail growing out of it.… read more
dog: licking her paw and when I looked at it the fur was pink
Gen B.
Gen B., Lhasa Apso & Shih Tzu Breeder
I noticed my dog licking her paw and when I looked at it the fur was pink from bleeding and the skin around the nail looks inflamed. Is this something that should be treated at the vet's office?… read more
Chihuahua mix: his paws incessantly..fur, but its actually..coat
Dr. Brian
Dr. Brian, Doctoral Degree
My XXXXX XXXXX/ Chihuahua mix, licks the tops of his paws incessantly. It appears that he is licking away the fur, but its actually his damp wet, white coat. The tops of his paws when wet are red and … read more
My 11 year old, large (22 pounds) yorkie has one toe nail growing
Dr. Tammy
Dr. Tammy, Veterinarian
My 11 year old, large (22 pounds) yorkie has one toe nail growing UP, not down on his right rear paw. There is no swelling, it is just growing totally upside down (curving up). He walks on 3 feet some… read more
Our German Shepherd has an issue with a nail on his back foot.
Walter
Walter, Just Answer Consultant
Our German Shepherd has an issue with a nail on his back foot. The tissue around the nail bed is inflammed and almost looks as though it is pulling away from the nail. The nail is now turning almost c… read more
I have a 7 year old Pomeranian that I rescued from a ...
Dr.Fiona
Dr.Fiona, Veterinarian
I have a 7 year old Pomeranian that I rescued from a shelter. I was advised she might have Luxating Petalla. However it was never diagnoised as such. I was advised that she just raises her hind leg wh… read more
My dog is having pain in her front paw and it seems that it ...
Jane Lefler, Dog Behaviorist/Trainer/Breeder/Health
My dog is having pain in her front paw and it seems that it is caused by one of her nails. This just started happening about 2 hours ago.… read more
my dog came back from a romp in the woods with one of ...
my dog came back from a romp in the woods with one of his nails split, it is on his front paw. He is limping a bit. what should I do?… read more
My female pitbull has developed a rash on her belly. It ...
Tammy F.
Tammy F., Freelance Writer and Editor, Animal Resc
My female pitbull has developed a rash on her belly. It appears in raised, red, 1"-3" circular spots and is spreading slowly. Its been about 2 weeks. I changed my dogs diet to a lower calorie food by … read more
My lab has thin toenails and the quick is exposed, what causes this
Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Associate Degree
He is a yellow lab with light colored nails. They are thin and ragged with some slight bleeding on one of the rear nails.… read more