Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My 5 year old Lab mix just became completely blind due to…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** My 5 year old Lab mix just became completely blind due to SARDS 5 days ago. He has seen his vet and a specialist. He is otherwise healthy and is starting to map the house but he does not want to eat. I can hand feed him to a small degree but not nearly enough for his size. I don't know if this will pass or want I can do/

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

His bloodwork is normal and he. He seems depressed but he is trying to cope.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/19/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. I am so sorry to hear that. What have you tried feeding him? Is he able to go outside to go the bathroom? Do you think he would go for a walk? Is he on any medications? Does he seem depressed or anxious?