Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog has 2 bad ear infections and I have no $$ and my

Customer Question
husband was hit by a...
My dog has 2 bad ear infections and I have no $$ and my husband was hit by a car what can I use
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
1/16/2016
Dog Specialist: Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 2 years ago
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

I know you have no money as you mentioned but you also know that ear infections can be very painful for a dog. It is probably a yeast or bacterial infection. You can use a mixture of distilled vinegar, water and alcohol on a cotton ball to gently clean the ear

In a yeast infection, you will see a golden to black buildup in the ear. You may also notice redness and bleeding, head shaking and your dog scratching the ear as well. You can try some miconazole cream to see if it helps until you can get in to see the Vet, but it isn’t a cure for underlying condition.

The following site has a recipe for a home remedy that may provide some relief.

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/ears.html

Zymox with cortisone has been used by some experts to clear ear infections as well. You can read about it here:

http://animalpetdoctor.homestead.com/Zymox.html

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer so I am compensated for my time.

If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may click here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well.

Since there have been recalls on certain foods, please check the following site to be sure the food your animals eat is not affected. If it is affected, contact your vet as soon as possible. Have your dog seen if they have any symptoms.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/RecallsWithdrawals/

Is that the medicine I have ?
Can u prescribe an antibiotic?
I have 1 needle left when they were spaded that was for pain can I use that
Sorry a syringe with medicine

I'm sorry but no one is allowed to give a person a prescription unless they have an existing relationship with the patient such as your own vet who has seen the dog. Zymox is an over the counter medication and does not need a prescription. The home herbal remedy is one you make up yourself. We can not advise you to take any prescription medication that you already have on hand either. If the medication was prescribed for that dog when it was spayed as a pain medication, it might help with possible pain but would not help the actual ear infection.

I'm sorry my phone is playing games and now it won't ring or give messages sometimes
I never sAw the message about this

I understand.