Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I had 2 Shitzu's they were litter mates, they have never

Customer Question

I had 2 Shitzu's they were litter mates , they have never been apart they are almost 10 years old, one of them died 4 days ago , and the one that is left is so sad I don't know how to console him or what to do for him , he keeps looking frantically for his brother please help me !!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog. When it comes to animals grieving, it can take up to a year or longer before they return to normal. It can help to buy him a DAP collar... it is a collar that diffuses pheromones that can calm and soothe dogs. You can buy them online or at pet stores:

http://www.amazon.com/D-A-P-Appeasing-Pheromone-Collar-Puppies/dp/B000HPVH6O

This can help during the time of transition. If it does not help, you can talk to your veterinarian about trying him on generic Prozac, which is inexpensive and can help. In the meantime, here is a pet loss grief hotline link put on by Cornell Vet School to help you with your loss:

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/org/petloss/

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hesitated to pay $28 dollars that I don't have , but lesson learned for me being desperate and needing answers . I just hope my card won't be charged anymore , I DO NOT want a free trial , or any monthly offers . Thanks
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

I do not understand... did you not get my response with the things you should try? Were you not happy with my answer? Please let me know how I can be of more assistance to you.