Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I accidently got human shampoo in my dog's eye, I flushed

Customer Question

I accidently got human shampoo in my dog's eye, I flushed it.. He appears to be fine, being that he is running around and wanting me to chase him. Should I be concerned?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site to help you.

I would just do an extra eye rinse with a saline solution eye wash if it gets red. But if he is acting okay and the eye looks fine then I would not worry about it.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Are you using human shampoo on the dog or did he happen to peek in the area when you were washing your hair? If you are using it on the dog then I suggest you invest in a dog shampoo as the ph from humans to dogs is different. Unless it was a human shampoo for seborrhea