Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

, my puppy is shivering and very sleepy not active at

Customer Question

Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my puppy is shivering and very sleepy not active at all its a 12 weeks old lab she is not playing and very quite
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Your puppy's symptoms are important but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. Because there are so many possible causes of her shivering and lethargy, her vet will need to perform a thorough physical exam on her and assess the need for diagnostic testing. Your puppy's behavior is particularly worrisome if her vaccines aren't current and/or she hasn't been thoroughly wormed to date.

Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?