Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 14 year old westie developed a little bump under her eye

Customer Question

Customer: My 14 year old westie developed a little bump under her eye a few months ago, which didn't seem to bother her. Within the past few days, it has grown, and tonight her eye is almost closed. When I tried to put a warm compress on it, I noticed some blood. I would take her to the emergency ward, but her vet comes to the house, due to her anxiety.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really... she seems to be acting fine. She's eating, playing and generally happy.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Is the eye bleeding actively or only when you tried to put a compress on it?

Is she trying to rub her face on things at all?