Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog is 17, is in pain from a potentially herniated disk,

Customer Question

My dog is 17, is in pain from a potentially herniated disk, walks in circles to the left since loosing vision and suddenly is in a lot of pain that is different from arthritis and the disk.. She only walks to the left when she walks in circles, does it mean she has a brain tumor?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Daisy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has she been circling to the left? Did she lose her vision and start circling to the left at the same time?

Circling and sudden blindness can indicate a problem in the brain. A brain tumor is one possible reason, but meningitis, an inner problem, or vestibular syndrome are other possible causes of her problems. Vestibular syndrome can cause a dog to suddenly circle but there is usually a head tilt as well, and "nystagmus", a repetitive twitching of the eyes. Do you see anything like that?

How

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Is she able to eat and drink?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Daisy doing?