Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have 18 POUND DASCHUND how much penicillian can I give m,

Customer Question

Customer: I have 18 POUND DASCHUND how much penicillian can I give him, the penicillian I have is 300000 units per ml
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he has an infection inside his mouth, does not appear to be a tooth
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for requesting me,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. Sorry for the slight delay in getting back to you, I am in a very different time zone to you and have just come online first thing this morning and found your question.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. In direct answer to your question : A typical dose of penicillin G ranges would be in the region of 20,000 units per pound of your dog's bodyweight twice a day for five days. Your dog weighs 18 pounds so this works out at { 20,000 x 18 } = 360,000 units twice a day.

As the formulation of Penicillin you have is 300,000 per ml this equates as 1.2 ml to be injected twice a day.

2. Where I provide clients with details of a drug or a dose rate I always supply a link where they can check the accuracy of the information I have given and also read more on the subject in more depth : LINK

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his mouth infection ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.