Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Our 8 year Doberman is vomiting foam. He is also licking s

Customer Question

Our 8 year Doberman is vomiting white foam. He is also licking his back leg and it is raw. We have been to the vet several times. It started intermittely about 8 months ago. At first they said could be allergies and gave him a stomach pill and spray for his legs. And said to change his dog food. Long story short-his food has been changed 8 times. At first it would help for 1-3 weeks. Now it doesn't help at all. He has labs done and say all is good. Has been wormed and checked for heart worms and all is negative. Told us to change his food again. So we did. It has increased from a couple times a day to-5-8 times. We are at a loss. Think we are going to take him to a different vet. He starts hacking and he can't stop it. He plays and acts like he feels fine. He has lost about 8 pounds in 8 months.
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Diesel today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Has Diesel had any sort of imaging procedure of his abdomen? Xray? Ultrasound?

Has any sort of testing been performed on his skin on his leg where he is licking? Skin scraping? Skin cytology?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.