Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 14 year old mini poodle,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and I have a 14 year old mini poodle , who is very well most of the time but occasionally gets a dreadfull tummy upset.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry I hit the wrong button. he constantly needs to go outside as he needs to eat grass has no diarrhoea just keeps waking me up to go outside. has constant loud noises from his tummy, which can be felt when he is lying asleep if I feel his tummy. Had an ultrasound and bloods done about 2 months ago which was all NAD. I have some Flagyl left from the last episode so thought I might start that again today.The gurgling and squeaky from his tummy can be heard across the room, Cheers ***** *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 27 years. I would be happy to help. I see you originally requested a vet who is not online at the moment. If you would rather speak with a vet I would be happy to see if I can find one online for you.

If you are ok with me assisting you can you please answer the following questions.

How often do these episodes happen?

Does he have any vomiting or diarrhea when this happens?

What food is he on?

Does he always get the same food or do you switch flavors?

Have you noticed these episodes coinciding with anything such as stress, certain treats, human foods etc?

Did the Flagyl seem to help last time?

How many times per day does he eat?

Do these episodes happen more often during the even, in the morning or just at random times and how long do they last?