Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My schnauzer got into something or stung by something. We

Customer Question
gave him Benadryl, but it...
My schnauzer got into something or stung by something. We gave him Benadryl, but it didn't help. I can tell by holding him he is retaining a lot of water. We don't have any money to take him to the vet. He is 8 yrs old, and we are afraid we are going to lose him. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
12/20/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian

My name is***** and I will try to help you and Ben tonight.

First, why do you think that he got into something or was stung? What is happening so that you think he is retaining water? When did this all start? How quickly did it come on?

Next, how much Benadryl did you give him? How much does he weigh?

What color are his gums? Medium pink, pale or red? Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Please let me know the answers to these questions so that I can help you and Ben this evening.

Dr. Amanda

Good morning,

How is your pup this morning? Any more swelling?

Dr. A

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian