Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog has watery diaharrea and is vomiting s breathing

Customer Question

Customer: My dog has watery diaharrea and is vomiting his breathing seems a little off and his side feels hard
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am just concerned He threw up a few times 2 we was food. @ was yellow one looked red. It was the second time I don't know if he ate anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me.

Can you tell me if your pup has eaten any non food items such as bones, raw hides, toys, etc.?

How long has this been going on?

Has the pup eaten any human food that you know of?

Have you changed the dogs food?

what color are the dogs gums?

When was the last time the dog ate?

What type of treats do you give the dog?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started a few hours ago. He hasn't thrown up or gone to the bathroom in the last 30 minutes. He is lethargic. is gums are pink as always. He always eats chips, turkey and some bread.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

He may be having a reaction to something he ate. It also sounds like irritation in the stomach such as bile which would be the yellow.

If you have it, try giving the dog a pepcid AC. Don't feed the dog anything else tonight but do allow water. Tomorrow night start a bland diet of boiled chicken (white meat, no grease, no fat) and cooked white rice. Between fasting the dog for 24 hours and starting a bland diet it will give the intestines time to become less inflamed.

Watch the dog's vital signs and I will direct you to a link that goes over how to do that.

What is Normal in dogs

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/what-is-normal-in-dogs/page1.aspx

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

if the gums turn bluish or grayish then there is a problem with breathing that should be seen by an emergency vet. If the gums turn white then that is another emergency

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He seems to be feeling better.He stool is soft but not watery and he isn't lethargic